Friday, March 21, 2008

Engineering Brains (Oh yes!) # 3

BEAUTY AND BRAINS


It was during the college fest 2007. More precisely, during an event named Mr. And Miss Engineer. On another evening I might have preferred to be on the hostel terrace with a can of chilled beer but this particular day I couldn't resist the temptation of getting to check out the flock of non feathered birds expected to gather in the college premises.

The shortlisted candidates upon the ramp were supposed to be judged upon parameters like intelligence, personality, confidence and their overall outlook.I'd excused myself for a couple of fags while all the Mr.'s were proving their prowess in front of the judges and just when I'd returned to the scene of action, there was this very pretty girl dressed in an impressive red outfit just stepping upon the ramp. She walked over to the mike and introduced herself in the following words " Good evening everyone, myself Sonam (name changed) and myself very pleased to be here"

(Oh yes, "MYSELF" is very glad to have met 'YOURSELF"!)

After the very short (and obviously "sweet") introduction, the first judge presented her with a question that went something like "William Wordsworth said that the child is the father of man. If that is so, who's the father of that child?"

"I think", replied this beauty, " the father of that child is the father of that child himself!"

(Oh yes, that interpretation is even more metaphoric than what that moron Wordsworth intended it to be!)

"What, apart from your stunning looks, do you think sets you apart from from everyone else?", asked the second judge.

"Well, I think", mused the beauty again, " it's my brains that sets me apart from all my colleagues!"


(Oh yes, how very true indeed! No one could be possibly any dumber!! And thanks for making
my evening so worthwhile. I don't miss my beer anymore!)